Saturday, January 4, 2014

A dream

About 3 weeks ago I began taking blue lotus extract. I first took it to see its relaxation effects. After using it two or three times I noticed that I had a dream. And every night that I take it now I have a dream. It doesn't matter if I take it early in the morning or just before bed. In my dreams I've seen people that I hadn't seen or spoken to in years. I've traveled to places, well, that I've only dreamed of. Last night I had a different dream.

I dreamt that I was with my family visiting my sister's house. She has a 2-story house. I'm assuming there's an attic, although I don't remember based on my Grand Tour of the place when they first moved in. As we were there it began raining hard. Suddenly the whole area was flooded, and the flood waters were rising rapidly. I rushed to get my children up to the attic, as the first floor was completely submerged and there was no end to the rising waters in sight. After everyone was safely in the attic, I scrambled to get some of our most valued possessions. Finally I made it up to the attic with everyone else.

The rain was still coming down hard, waters still rising. I started getting concerned that we'd drown in the attic. We were trapped, waters still rising. Then my daughter (Age 11) said to me confidently, "They're going to open the tunnel underground and the water is going to go down it." My reaction in my head was, "You silly child." I said to her, "It doesn't work that way. If there were a tunnel underground it'd be the first thing that fills with water before it began to rise." I felt hopeless.

Then, with a sudden gush, the water began to recede. It was like the plug being pulled from an old bathtub. The rain stopped. The house was ruined, but no longer submerged. The ordeal was over.

When I woke up I immediately knew the meaning. I've recently been going through a stressful situation, and there have been numerous occasions where I've said to God, "I don't know where this is going, but something's got to give. Things can't keep on this way." The rising waters are the mounting stress, and the attic was our last stand. I've done everything I can to protect my family and keep them dry, safe, and happy. Relief is coming soon. When it comes, it will not be a gradual relief, but a supernatural, miraculous relief that defies human understanding.

I won't go into specifics because I believe that this could apply to anybody with any particular stressful situation. While I believe this dream was intended for me, if I can encourage others through it, so be it. But not everybody's journey is the same, so your answer may not be exactly the same as mine. This, though, I know is true: We are not abandoned. None of us. Continue to live, love, and dance in the loving, reassuring embrace of our Father.

No comments: